Blog Post #8: Autoscopy

This project was Autoscopy. I'm not going to lie this one was kind of confusing for me, but I think I still pulled through. For this one I merged a picture of monarch butterflies, and a picture of myself. Butterflies are very significant in my family, it is a symbol of my father who passed away about two years ago. When thinking of what I could do for this project I realized how much I am like my father, and how I still feel his presence around me in my everyday life. I have blended myself with the monarch butterflies to represent the parts of his personality that my family and I see in myself. I added motion blur and noise to the selfie part of the image, and left the monarch butterflies alone to show that even when my life is moving non stop and/or is stressful I find peace in knowing that a part of him is still with me. I kept the reflection of myself in the background to represent the reflection that this project allowed me to experience. Hope you enjoy!

@ 0%
@ 25%
@ 50%
@ 75%
@ 100%





Comments

Popular Posts